M - P
MISSINGHAM BRIDGE, EAST BALLINA: Named after a Mr W. T. Missingham. "The Mayor (Ald. P. E. Tighe), speaking to a "Star" representative on the matter, stressed the efforts of the late Mr. W. T. Missingham to secure the bridge, . and considered a fitting and well earned tribute to this fine worker would be the erection of a new bridge, to be called the "Missingham Bridge." Other prominent Ballina residents consider this suggestion an excellent one (Trove 10.2.1933)
MOBBS BAY, SOUTH BALLINA. Mobbs Bay was named after brothers Thomas and George Mobbs who came to Ballina from Parramatta, Sydney about 1860. They were two of Ballina's earliest residents. (Trove, 1911)
Probably named after the terraces made by gold mining along Shelly Beach (Southwell ,1999).